H&R Block is the world’s largest tax services provider, having prepared more than 650 million tax returns since 1955. There are approximately 12,000 company-owned and franchise retail locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories, Canada, Australia, and India, and on U.S. military bases around the world. An H&R Block branded retail office is located within five miles of most Americans.
In fiscal 2015, H&R Block had revenues over $3.1 billion and prepared 24.2 million tax returns worldwide.
Serving taxpayers with more than 12,000 retail offices worldwide and digital tax solutions
- H&R Block employs approximately 9,000 bilingual tax professionals and client service professionals
- H&R Block clients prepared more than 6.9 million tax returns through our digital solutions in FY 2015
- H&R Block’s digital business has been serving do-it-yourself clients for more than 15 years
- In 2015, H&R Block helped clients claim more than $50 billion in tax refunds, credits and other government benefits
Employing 80,000 highly trained tax professionals nationwide
- Our tax professionals have access to The Tax Institute at H&R Block, staffed primarily by CPAs, Enrolled Agents, tax attorneys and former IRS agents
- A typical client is served by an H&R Block tax professional with more than 8 years of experience and over 450 hours of training
- Our tax professionals progress through a 14-level certification program, culminating in master tax advisor status and must complete at least 15 hours of continuing education annually
Serving the military
- H&R Block has tax offices on over 100 U.S. military bases around the world and continues to grow
History of excellence
H&R Block hasn’t forgotten its Main Street roots as it’s grown from a hometown company to a the leading consumer tax company, bringing tax and related solutions to clients year round.