WSI opened its doors in 1950, serving as a contract manufacturer for industries booming in the wake of World War II, such as aerospace and communications. Then, as now, our customers drew on our expertise in engineering and manufacturing precision parts and assemblies to keep their businesses growing. In 1958, under the company name Washington Scientific Industries, WSI became a publicly held company and is currently traded on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol of WSCI. The company name was formally changed from Washington Scientific Industries to WSI in 1999.
In the decades since our founding, we’ve had the privilege to work with some of the most well-known and successful companies in the U.S. and the world. And while precision machining and assembly are still our stock in trade, our business model has evolved to anticipate new markets and the needs of industry-leading companies.
Today, we offer companies in markets ranging from aerospace to powersports a single-source partner to consult on engineering and design, manufacture precision components, manage global supplier relationships and consistently deliver ideas and insights that increase efficiency, reduce costs and improve the finished product. Our customers have complete confidence in our ability to deliver high quality parts, on schedule and at a good value.