Westar Energy is Kansas’ largest electric utility. For more than a century, we have provided Kansans the safe, reliable electricity needed to power their businesses and homes. Every day our team of professionals takes on projects to generate and deliver electricity, protect the environment and provide excellent service to our nearly 700,000 customers.
Westar has 7,100 MW of electric generation capacity fueled by coal, uranium, natural gas, wind and landfill gas. We are also a leader in electric transmission in Kansas. Our innovative customer service programs include mobile-enabled customer care, a smart meter pilot project and paving the way for electric vehicle adoption. Our employees live, volunteer and work in the communities we serve.
Social Media Interaction:
Westar supports the community guidelines on each social media channel and ask that participants do the same.
We value participants’ feedback and welcome both positive and negative comments.
Westar reserves the right to remove posts that are of the following nature, including but not limited to:
- Personal attacks;
- Commercial promotion and advertisements;
- Violate copyright or intellectual property rights;
- Contain spam or are intended to cause technical disruptions to the social media page(s).
- We reserve the right to remove posts that do not improve the overall visitor experience.
- We may ban users from our social media channels who repeatedly post material that violates these guidelines.
Westar can only control the content we post on social media sites. We may post links to other resources or news sites. We do not endorse information or links that may be found when visiting third parties’ sites.