We are a raw material processing and handling company serving steel and power customers, with principal businesses in cokemaking and coal logistics.
Coke is an essential ingredient in blast furnace production of steel.
- Globally, we have 6.3 million tons of annual cokemaking capacity
- Our 4.2 million tons of U.S. capacity represents about 25 percent of the U.S. and Canadian markets
- We have U.S. facilities in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Virginia, and international operations in Brazil and India
- Our innovative heat-recovery cokemaking technology captures excess heat for steam or electrical power generation
- Our long-term, take-or-pay contracts contain key provisions for pass-through of coal, operating and transportation costs, insulating us from commodity price volatility
- We receive a fixed fee per ton of coke produced
- None of our contracts expire before 2020
Our domestic and export terminals serve coal producers and end users in the steel, coke and power industries.
- Our coal-handling terminals are strategically located to serve key U.S. ports in the Gulf Coast, East Coast and Great Lakes
- We have the collective capacity to blend and transload more than 25 million tons annually
- The Convent Marine Terminal is one of the largest on U.S. Gulf Coast and the only terminal on the lower Mississippi with direct rail access
- Annual capacity of 15 million tons