We invest and manage our real estate portfolio for the long-term to maximize the benefit to our stockholders and support the growth of our dividends. The core elements of our strategy are to:
- Acquire, develop, lease, own and manage a diversified portfolio of quality healthcare properties across multiple business segments and geographic locations (including Europe)
- Align ourselves with leading healthcare companies, operators and service providers, which over the long term should result in higher relative rental rates, net operating cash flows and appreciation of property values
- Allocate capital targeting a balanced portfolio between longer-term escalating triple-net leases with quality tenants, and operating businesses with shorter-term leases in medical and life science office and senior housing RIDEA
- Maintain adequate liquidity with long-term fixed rate debt financing with staggered maturities, which supports the longer-term nature of our investments, while reducing our exposure to interest rate volatility and refinancing risk at any point in the interest rate or credit cycles
- Continually manage our balance sheet with a targeted financial leverage to 40% relative to our assets.